The Usage and Maintenance of Milling Burs
Today let us share the usage and maintenance of Milling Burs with you, just hoping that we can better know and use our tools in daily life. Certainly, we will be grateful if you leave your comment to improve these aspects.
Usage of Milling Burs
The selection of cutting speed mainly depends on the material of the machined workpiece, while the selection of feed rate mainly depends on the material of the processed workpiece and the diameter of the milling bur. When the tool life is the priority factor, the cutting speed and feed speed can be appropriately reduced; when the chip separation is not good, the cutting speed can be appropriately increased.
Maintenance of Milling Burs
1. Check the power and stiffness of the machine tool to ensure that the required diameter of the milling bur can be precisely used on the target machine.
2. The overhang of the tool on the spindle should be as short as possible to reduce the impact of the axis of the milling cutter and the position of the workpiece from the impulsive load.
3. Use the correct pitch of milling bur for the process to ensure that there are not too many blades meshing with the workpiece at the same time to cause vibration. On the other hand, make sure that there are enough workpieces and blades when milling narrow workpieces or milling cavities.
4. Make sure to use appropriate power to get the correct cut when the chips are thick enough. Adopt a positive-front slotted indexable blade for smooth cutting results and minimal power.
5. Select the diameter of the milling cutter suitable for the width of the workpiece.
6. Select the correct main declination angle.
7. Correctly place the milling cutter.
8. Use cutting fluid only when necessary.
9. Follow the rules for tool maintenance and repair, and monitor tool abrasion.
Please forgive that we only write so much this time. But we will share more about Milling Burs with you in the coming days. And for more details please visit our official website: https://www.burdental.com/for-lab/cad-cam-milling-burs